Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services1
Keyword: Aeration. Dissipation. Swine slurry. Tetracycline. Tylosin.
1. Aga, D.S., R. Goldfish, and R. Kulshrestha. 2003. Application of ELISA in determining the fate of tetracyclines in land-applied livestock wastes. Analyst. 128:658-662.
2. Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (APQA). 2013. Consumption of veterinary antibiotics in Korea. http://www. qia.go.kr/viewwebQiaCom.do?id=34070&type=6_18_1bdsm
3. Arikan, O.A., W. Mulbry, and C. Rice. 2009a. Management of antibiotic residues from agricultural sources: Use of composing to reduce chlortetracycline residues in beef manure from treated animals. J. Hazard. Mater. 164:483-489.
4. Arikan, O.A., W. Mulbry, and C. Rice. 2016. The effect of composting on the persistence of four ionophores in dairy manure and poultry litter. Waste Mange. 54:110-117.
5. Arikan, O.A., W. Mulbry, D. Ingram, and P. Millner. 2009b. Minimally managed composting of beef manure at the pilot scale: Effect of manure pile construction on pile temperature profiles and on the fate of oxytetracycline and chlortetracycline. Bioresour. Technol. 100:4447-4453.
6. Awad, Y.M., S.C. Kim, S.A.M. Abd El-Azeem, K.H. Kim, K.R. Kim, K.J. Kim, C. Jeon, S.S. Lee, and Ok, Y.S. 2014. Veterinary antibiotics contamination in water, sediment, and soil near a swine manure composting facility. Environ. Earth Sci. 71:1433-1440.
7. Chu, Y., C. Fang, H. Wang, X. Wu, Y. Gu, and J. Shu. 2017. Degradation of sulfonamides during anaerobic composting of swine manure. Chem. Ecol. 33:339-351.
8. Dolliver, H., K. Kumar, and S. Gupta. 2007. Sulfamethazine uptake by plants from manure-amended soil. J. Environ. Qual. 36:1224-1230.
9. Dolliver, H., K. Kumar, S. Gupta, and A. Singh. 2008a. Application of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay analysis for determination of monensin in environmental samples. J. Environ. Qual. 37:1220-1226.
10. Dolliver, H., S. Gupta, and S. Noll. 2008b. Antibiotic degradation during manure composting. J. Environ. Qual. 37: 1245-1253.
11. Halling-Sorensen, B., A.M. Jacobsen, J. Jensen, G. Sengelov, E. Vaclavik, and F. Ingerslev. 2005. Dissipation and effects of chlortetracycline and tylosin in two agricultural soils: a field-scale study in southern Denmark. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 24:802-810.
12. Kang, D.H., S. Gupta, C. Rosen, V. Fritz, A. Singh, Y. Chander, H. Murray, and C. Rohwer. 2013. Antibiotic uptake by vegetable crops from manure-applied soils. J. Agric. Food Chem. 61:9992-10001.
13. Kim, K.R., G. Owens, Y.S. Ok, W.K. Park, D.B. Lee, and S.I. Kwon. 2012a. Decline in extractable antibiotics in manure-based composts during composting. Waste Manage. 32:110-116.
14. Kim, S.C., J.E. Yang, Y.S. Ok, D.Y. Jung, and K. Carlson. 2012b. Degradation kinetics of three veterinary antibiotics in composted and stockpiled manure. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:43-50.
15. Kim, S.Y., S. Kuppusamy, J.H. Kim, Y.E. Yoon, K.R. Kim, and Y.B. Lee. 2016. Occurrence and diversity of tetracycline resistance genes in the agricultural soils of South Korea. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 23:22190-22196.
16. Kolz, A.C., T.B. Moorman, S.K. Ong, K.D. Scoggin, and E.A. Douglass. 2005. Degradation and metabolite produc-tion of tylosin in anaerobic and aerobic swine-manure lagoons. Water Environ. Res. 77:49-56.
17. Kumar, K., A. Thompson, A.K. Singh, Y. Chander, and S.C. Gupta. 2004. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for ultratrace determination of antibiotics in aqueous samples. J. Environ. Qual. 33:250-256.
18. Kumar, K., S.C. Gupta, S.K. Baidoo, Y. Chander, and C.J. Rosen. 2005. Antibiotic uptake by plants from soil fertilized with animal manure. J. Environ. Qual. 34:2082-2085.
19. Kwon, S.I., Y.A. Jang, K.H. Kim, M.K. Kim, G.B. Jung, S.C. Hong, M.J. Chae, K.H. So, and K.R. Kim. 2012. Decline in extractable veterinary antibiotics in chicken manure-based composts during composting. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:628-634.
20. Lee, S.S., S.C. Kim, J.E. Yang, and Y.S. Ok. 2010. Seasonal monitoring of residual antibiotics in soil, water, and sediment adjacent to a cattle manure composting facility. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:612-618.
21. Ok, Y.S., S.C. Kim, K.R. Kim, S.S. Lee, D.H. Moon, K.J. Lim, J.K. Sung, S.O. Hur, and J.E. Yang. 2011. Monitoring of selected veterinary antibiotics in environmental compartments near a composting facility in Gangwon Province, Korea. Environ. Monit. Assess. 174:693-701.
22. Qian, X., W. Sun, J. Gu, X.J. Wang, J.J. Sun, Y.N. Yin, and M.L. Duan. 2016. Variable effects of oxytetracycline on antibiotic resistance gene abundance and the bacterial community during aerobic composting of cow manure. J. Hazard Mater. 315:61-69.
23. Ravindran, B. and P.N.S. Mnkeni. 2017. Identification and fate of antibiotic residue degradation during composting and vermicomposting of chicken manure. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. 14:263-270.
24. Sarmah, A.K., M.T. Meyer, and A. Boxall. 2006. A global perspective on the use, sales, exposure pathways, occur-rence, fate and effects of veterinary antibiotics (Vas) in the environment. Chemosphere. 65:725-759.
25. Seo, Y.H., B.O. Cho, A.S. Kang, B.C. Jeong, and Y.S. Jung. 2010. Antibiotic uptake by plants from soil applied with antibiotic-treated animal manure. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:466-470.
26. Seo, Y.H., J.K. Choi, S.K. Kim, H.K. Min, and Y.S. Jung. 2007. Prioritizing environmental risks of veterinary antibiotics based on the use and the potential to reach environment. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 40:43-50.
27. Tasho, R.P. and J.Y. Cho. 2016. Veterinary antibiotics in animal waste, its distribution in soil and uptake by plants: A review. Sci. Total Environ. 563-564:366-376.
28. Teeter, J.S. and R.D. Meyerhoff. 2003. Aerobic degradation of tylosin in cattle, chicken, and swine excreta. Environ. Res. 93:45-51.
29. Yang, B., L. Meng, and N. Xue. 2017. Removal of five fluoroquinolone antibiotics during broiler manure composting. Environ. Technol. 1-9.
30. Yang, C.W., W.C. Hsiao, and B.V. Chang. 2016. Biodegradation of sulfonamide antibiotics in sludge. Chemosphere. 150:559-565.